Sunday, January 06, 2008

Year 2007 is over - NEXT, PLEASE!

Happy New Year! I think it's about time to make some update that what is going on... The fact is that I haven't been able to play that much at the end of the year since I've been busy working :( Yes. I know, I know... I should learn to prioritize a bit better ;) Maybe this year, maybe not. We'll see...

Anyway. I spend the last two weeks of the year 2007 in Estonia just visiting my wife's relatives. I basically ate, drank vodka and slept most of time ;) And at the end when we were supposed to come back to Finland we managed to miss our boat and had to spend one more night there... Trust me when I say that I was not a happy camper at that moment when I realized that we missed the boat.

And to top that I managed to get some kind of stomach flu on our last evening in Estonia so that I had a really fantastic start for the New Year :( I had to take couple of days off from work to get better which would be ok except that I would've much rather gone to work stayed at home in fewer and stomach ache...

Ok. I guess that's enough of that. I'm feeling better now so no reason to stay at home tomorrow :)

Sooo... What did I learn last year? Hmmm... I really think that I learned some new games but didn't really manage to get proper profits. In fact the whole year in total was quite heavily on the negative side :( Here's some stats:

Cash Game/Tournament Count : 500
Total Won/Lost : -575$
Wins : 232
Losses : 268

I guess I need to dig some more info that where did the money actually go... I started the year by trying to learn how to play Omaha drunk which was not the best way to start I guess ;) -333$ down the drain...

Next I played 7 Card Stud and managed to learn that quite fast in my opinion. I managed to get up to +240$ on my own before I decided to start learning Limit Hold'Em based on the book from Sklansky & friends. I think that it went quite ok as well since I did manage to get +91$ on that as well.

Next my friend convinced me to try out Omaha Hi/Lo which I did and to be honest I did play for quite some time before really understanding how the low hand actually was decided :D Well... I know that now but still the balance seems to be a bit on the negative side :D -42$ to be exact.

So... Where did most of the money go? To No-Limit Hold'Em of course ;) For some reason I used quite a lot of money to different kinds of satellite tournaments without really getting any proper winnings out from it. So... I hope you have been able to collect some of the -510$ that I have left to different micro limit tables on Party, Paradise, PokerStars and various home games.

Of course I have to mention that most of the lost money has been lost because of playing drunk but I still have a lot to learn anyway :D Patience and aggression and some understanding on when to be patient and when aggressive... So... Not much ;D

Ok. What's the overall situation? Here's a clip from CardPlayer statistics:

Welcome, M_ace_T. During your last cash game at PartyPoker you lost ($20). You are showing a net profit of $0 year to date and a lifetime winnings of $11,291.

And that's about it. Haven't played anything yet during this year but plan to start as soon as I get my head functioning normally :) Hopefully I can do better this year ;) And. I hope that You will do even better ;) C'Ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home